The Ultimate Performance CMM
COORD3 present the ultimate performance UNIVERSAL CMM – the high technology alloy bridge CMM provides high dynamics and high accuracy performance while achieving outstanding thermal stability. UNIVERSAL provides a flexible coordinate measuring platform allowing use of point-to-point, analogue contact scanning and laser scanning sensors. The UNIVERSAL CMM’s high structural rigidity makes an ideal platform for full 5-axis scanning and gear measurement applications.
UNIVERSAL has an isostatic design of each axis providing optimum machine geometrical alignment during CMM manufacture and ongoing field calibrations; combined with monolithic base-plate, with integral inverted dovetail air-bearing guide-ways, and generous 90mm² Z Ram providing outstanding metrological performances. Direct axis drives, using toothed drive belts, provide vibration free motion with zero hysteresis. The efficient machine design minimizes total part count reducing complexity and improving long-term reliability and cost of ownership.
The COORD3 UNIVERSAL introduces a CMM industry first by incorporating a Bluetooth wireless CMM thermal compensation system of both machine and part allowing the measuring system to automatically and dynamically compensate for changes in CMM operating environment. The system allows the CMM to perform with stated measuring accuracy between 16O°C and 26O°C. In addition the Gold plated 0.1 Micron Measuring Scales are free-floating in support tracks eliminating any CMM structural changes from influencing its measuring accuracy.
The following UNIVERSAL CMM models sizes are available:
7.7 | 9.8 | 12.10 | 15.10 | 15.10 | 15.13
All models are available in a range of lengths to suite your measuring application.
Due to the high dynamics achieved by the UNIVERSAL CMM the optional SZP (safety zone protection system) can be added which uses Laser Scanners to monitor the defined protection zone when the CMM is in high-speed automatic measuring mode. SZP reduces the CMM speed upon infringement of the safety zone by an operator and automatically returns the CMM to its full measuring speed only after the zone infringement has been cleared. The SZP system allows safe use of the CMM in a production shop-floor and fully automated applications.
UNIVERSAL represents the very best CMM technology available and was designed by the COORD3 Italy design studio using renowned engineers with more than 3 generations of CMM design expertise and internationally recognized accomplishments.
- Nominal Temperature 20 °C
- Allowable Temperature Range: 18 – 22 °C (Extended Range 16 – 26 °C)
- Temperature Gradient: 0.5° C/hour – 2° C/day – 0.5° C/meter (Extended Range 5° C/day – 1.0° C/meter)
- Operating Temperature Range: 15 – 35 °C
- Relative Humidity 40 – 80% (non condensing)
- Acceptable Vibrations: 30mm/ sec2 1-10Hz | 15mm/ sec2 10-20Hz | 50mm/ sec2 20-100Hz
- Minimum Air Supply 5 Bar -72PSI (6 Bar – 79PSI on larger models)
- Air Consumption 100Nl/min (160Nl/min on larger models)
- Power Supply Voltage 230v 50Hz or 110v 60Hz (+/- 2% single phase)
- Maximum Power Consumption 10A 1200W (1600W on larger models)
- All COORD3 CMM products are evaluated for accuracy using the ISO10360 standard.